This project is in development.
- America’s history is rich with political, social and cultural stories.
- Some stories are aspirational. Some represent our failures. Some are heroic. Some are not. Some are sad. Some are very ugly. Some are known. Many are unknown. Many are not understood, appreciated or seen.
- That lack of knowledge and understanding of our histories — stories about our communities — the good, bad and the ugly — impacts our shared understanding of us.
- We have failed to understand where our friends and colleagues come from. The histories and stories that form our understanding of the America we know is not the same America that our friends, colleagues and neighbors know.
- These images explore America’s known and little-known histories. They are an effort to bring together the monumental and the ordinary; the ugly and the aspirational. They reflect both the turmoil and the celebrated.
- A history that is complicated but is also a foundation for hope. By embracing learning and understanding – the good, the bad and the ugly – leads to a better and empathetic future.
This project is early in development and shared on Instagram with historical context and stories. As it is in development, presentation/exhibition prints sizes and educational components have yet to be determined. Several of these images and the hidden stories were recently used as part of a corporate diversity initiative. For limited edition print inquiries, please contact me.